The 18th International Conference on Runtime Verification will take place in Limassol, Cyprus on 10-13 November 2018.
The RV conference lasts from the 10th till the 13th of November, right after Isola which is from October 31st till the 9th of November. RV starts with a tutorial day on the 10th on November. The main conference is from the 11th till the 13th of November.
On November 8th and 9th, the COST ARVI action has its final meeting. It share an industry presentation with the ISOLA industry day.
Runtime verification is concerned with the monitoring and analysis of the runtime behaviour of software and hardware systems. Runtime verification techniques are crucial for system correctness, reliability, and robustness; they provide an additional level of rigor and effectiveness compared to conventional testing, and are generally more practical than exhaustive formal verification. Runtime verification can be used prior to deployment, for testing, verification, and debugging purposes, and after deployment for ensuring reliability, safety, and security and for providing fault containment and recovery as well as online system repair.
Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- specification languages
- monitor construction techniques
- program instrumentation
- logging, recording, and replay
- combination of static and dynamic analysis
- specification mining and machine learning over runtime traces
- monitoring techniques for concurrent and distributed systems
- runtime checking of privacy and security policies
- statistical model checking
- metrics and statistical information gathering
- program/system execution visualization
- fault localization, containment, recovery and repair
- dynamic type checking
Application areas of runtime verification include cyber-physical systems, safety/mission critical systems, enterprise and systems software, autonomous and reactive control systems, health management and diagnosis systems, and system security and privacy.
We are very pleased to confirm the following invited speakers for RV 2018:
- Rajeev Alur, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Jim Kapinski, Toyota Motor North America (TMNA)
- Frits Vaandrager, Radboud University, Netherlands
Best paper award
Garvita Allabadi, Aritra Dhar, Ambreen Bashir and Rahul Purandare received the best paper award for their contribution “METIS: Resource- and Context-Aware Monitoring of Finite State Properties” and received a gratification of 1000€ from our sponsor Springer.
The RV series of events started in 2001, as an annual workshop. The RV’01 to RV’05 proceedings were published in ENTCS. Since 2006, the RV proceedings have been published in LNCS. Starting in 2010, RV is an international conference. Links to past RV events can be found at the following permanent link.