The 18th International Conference on Runtime Verification will take place in Limassol, Cyprus on 10-13 November 2018.
Runtime verification is concerned with the monitoring and analysis of the runtime behaviour of software and hardware systems. Runtime verification techniques are crucial for system correctness, reliability, and robustness; they provide an additional level of rigor and effectiveness compared to conventional testing, and are generally more practical than exhaustive formal verification. Runtime verification can be used prior to deployment, for testing, verification, and debugging purposes, and after deployment for ensuring reliability, safety, and security and for providing fault containment and recovery as well as online system repair.
Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- specification languagesmonitor
- construction techniques
- program instrumentation
- logging, recording, and replay
- combination of static and dynamic analysis
- specification mining and machine learning over runtime traces
- monitoring techniques for concurrent and distributed systems
- runtime checking of privacy and security policies
- statistical model checking
- metrics and statistical information gathering
- program/system execution visualization
- fault localization, containment, recovery and repair
- dynamic type checking
Application areas of runtime verification include cyber-physical systems, safety/mission critical systems, enterprise and systems software, autonomous and reactive control systems, health management and diagnosis systems, and system security and privacy.
We are very pleased to confirm the following invited speakers for RV 2018:
- Rajeev Alur, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Jim Kapinski, Toyota Motor North America (TMNA)
- Fritz Vaandrager, Radboud University, Netherlands
The RV series of events started in 2001, as an annual workshop. The RV’01 to RV’05 proceedings were published in ENTCS. Since 2006, the RV proceedings have been published in LNCS. Starting in 2010, RV is an international conference. Links to past RV events can be found at the following permanent link.